title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

photo
NAME BEERHOUSE
ADDRESS GOSFORD STREET
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES MUCHFORD STREET

THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY

See all available records HERE

FROM TO KNOWN AS
c1756 1850 THREE CROWNS
1835 1841 BEERHOUSE, Gosford Street

This premises had a full public house license in 1822 and 1850

See also Beerhouse, Far Gosford Street, Fawson

Known Licensees at the THREE CROWNS are;
1822 - 1823 John Fawson
1835 -1841 (see beerhouse below)
1850 Samuel Brown
1850 Henry Hardwick

Known Licensees at the BEERHOUSE are;
1835 - 1841 John Fawson (or Abraham Fawson)

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.