title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS WINDMILL LANE, FOLESHILL

In the 1841 census there are no matching records. In 1851 John Smith, 28, is a carpenter and joiner in Windmill lane, Foleshill. By 1861 there are no matching records again.

John Smith was a popular name. The nineteenth century John Smiths in the website are;
1874 at the Angel, Cook Street
1879 at the Buck and Crown, Radford
1863 - 1868 at the Beerhouse, Longford Road
1850 at the Beeerhouse, Longford, Smith
1841 at the Dog and Gun, London Road
1892 at the Holly Bush, Longford
1879 at the Old Waggon and Horses, Well Street
1835 - 1841 and 1863 at the Pitts Head , Far Gosford Street
1895 - 1902 at the Recruiting Sergeant, Spon Street
1868 at the Reindeer, Harnall Lane
1863 - 1868 at the Saracens Head, Longford
1852 at the Sir Thomas White, White Street
1861 - 1896 at the Tobys Head, Pepper Lane

Known Licensees are;
1845 John Smith

link to previous pub link to previous pub link to next pub link to previous pub link to next pub link to previous pub link to next pub link to previous pub link to next pub
 

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.