Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.
There are no matching records in the 1841 census. In 1851 William Orton, 46, is a coal dealer and publican in Courthouse Green. By 1861 he is 56, a retired victualler and still at Courthouse Green.
Known Licensees are;
1841 William Orton (See also at BEERHOUSE Courthouse Green 1845 - 1850)