title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS OLD CHURCH ROAD, BELL GREEN
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES FOLESHILL
SEE ALSO Bell Green, Butcher
THIS BECAME SHOULDER OF MUTTON INN
In 1841 William Butcher ia a coal miner at Sowe and in 1851 a coal hawker in Henley Green, but by 1861 he has become a coal dealer at the Shouder of Mutton This pub had a full license from 1841 to 1938 with this short exception. In 1866 Thomas Hughes conveyed this pub to T. Dewes for £45. In 1874 it had a beerhouse license. in the 1851 census Thomas Parrish is 39 and a carpenter in King William Street. By 1861 he is 46 and a carpenter at a shop on the east side of Longford North of No 10. In 1871 he is 59 and a carpenter at the Shoulder of Mutton.
Known Licensees are;
1868 - 1874 William Butcher
1879 David Shaw
1887 Thomas Parrish (see also Beerhouse New Inn Bridge, 1850 and Beerhouse Walsgrave, 1851)
Owners
to 1866 Thomas Hughes
from 1866 T. Dewes

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.