title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS FOLESHILL
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES RED HOUSE ROAD
THIS BECAME NAVIGATION

In the 1841 census Charles Nicholls is 60, a ribbon weaver, at Woodshires Green, Exhall. Then in 1851 there are two Charles Nicholls, one 71, a hand loom weaver at Woodshires Green and one 47, a hand loom weaver silk, at 122 Tinsleys Lane, Foleshill. In 1861 there are no matching records.

In 1845 John Nicholls runs the Beerhouse Red House Road. By 1850 this is the Navigation, which must be the same premises.

Known Licensees are;
1841 Charles Nicholls

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.