|ADDRESS||151 LOCKHURST LANE|
|THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY||FROM||TO||KNOWN AS|
|OLD CROW IN THE OAK|
|CROW IN THE OAK|
In the 1841 census Mary Lenton, 60, was a publican in Lockhurst lane. Her son, Thomas, 15, was an ironmonger. By 1851 there is no matching record for Mary Lenton and Thomas Lenton, 26, was an ironmonger master in Smithford Street. Known in 1841 as a public house, but then a gap till 1863. How long was it a beerhouse?
|Known Licensees are;
1841 - 1845 Mrs Mary Lenton
1861 - 1863 James Brown
1866 William Brown
1868 Charles Fairfax
1874 H. Bray
1876 William Berry
1879 - 1886 James Hunter
1888 - 1892 Thomas Moore junior
1897 - 1905 Carey Cadman
1909 J. Riley
1909 - 1922 Mrs Annie Riley
1924 - 1929 Mrs A. Church
1931 - 1932 J. Harry Ward (see also Foleshiil Old Hall, the Bell, Keresley and Castle Vaults, Market Street)
1933 - c1956 Charlie J. Pritchard
Harry Ward ?
1960's Bernard Stanley Lloyd (see above)
1983 - 1986 Clem & Anna Fleming
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.