title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS CARPENTERS LANE, FOLESHILL

In the 1861 census there are no Randles in Carpenters Lane but by 1871 Joshua Randle is an elastic wool manufacturer there whilst Ambrose Randle is a carpenter in Foleshill.

The Randles were licensees of a number of local pubs. We have Andrew Randle ( also a carpenter ) at the Beerhouse, Partings of the Heath in 1892; David Randle at the Fox, Grange Road, in 1888; Mrs martha Randle at the Livery Stables 1895 to 1902; William Randle at the Nags Head, Spon Street in 1835; and Bob Randle at the Woolpack, St Johns Street 1835 to 1851.

  • 1888 Ambrose Randle

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.