title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS 237 BELL GREEN ROAD
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES 138 BELL GREEN ROAD, COURTHOUSE GREEN, HALL GREEN ROAD
THIS BECAME WEAVERS ARMS

In 1874 and 1876 it was the BEERHOUSE, Courthouse Green, and also between 1880 and 1924.

The pub gets a mention in Phipps Estate Ledger. In 1982 it was 'an old pub which surprisingly had not been vandalised by having its rooms knocked into a single bar'.

Known Licensees are;
1879 William Harrison
1929 - 1940 C. Bunn
PHOTO

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.