title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

photo
ADDRESS TOWN WALL
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1841 BEERHOUSE, Town Wall
1845 1871 TOWN WALL TAVERN
1871 1874 BREWERS ARMS, 26 Bond Street
1874 present TOWN WALL TAVERN

In the 1841 census Janes Shilton, 40, is a ribbon weaver in Town Wall, Hill Street. By 1851 he is 42 and a sawyer in Leicester Street.

This is the TOWN WALL TAVERN as in 1845 J. Shilton is recorded there.

Known Licensees are; 1841 James Shilton

link to previous pub link to previous pub link to next pub link to previous pub link to next pub link to previous pub link to next pub link to previous pub link to next pub
 

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.