title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS 45 and 46 THOMAS STREET
THIS BECAME ALBION INN, ALBION TAVERN c1841

In the 1841 census Charles Spicer is 40 and a publican at the Albion Tavern. By 1851 he is 57 and a victualler in Leicester Row.

From 1835 it was The Beerhouse, Thomas Street. This had a public house license from 1841 when it became the Albion Tavern.

In 1903 it was leased by Phillips & Marriott for £19 per anum from Mrs Salmon and then purchased in 1911 for £950.

In 1962 it was closed during the widescale redevelopement of the area

Known Licensees are; 1835 Charles Spicer
photo

Research

1835 Pigot Charles Spicer

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.