title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS SMITHFORD STREET
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES 11 HILL STREET

THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY

See all available records HERE

FROM TO KNOWN AS
1835 BEERHOUSE, 11 Hill Street and BEERHOUSE, Smithford Street
1852 1962 NEWDEGATE ARMS, RAILWAY INN

There are no matching records in either the 1841 or 1851 census

This premises had a public house license from 1841

Known Licensees are;
1835 James Eaves

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.