title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS 35 QUEEN STREET

In the 1851 census there are no matching records for John Molesworth. In 1861 he is 50 and a silk ribbon weaver in Queen Street, whilst in 1871 he is 62 and a licensed beer retailer in Queen Street.

This may have been an off - beerhouse. The only other mention of Molesworth in the website is George at the Bell in Tile Hill from 1888 to 1892 and Mrs Emma Molesworth at the same pub from 1900 to 1908. There are far too many references to Thomas to find anything.

Known Licensees are;
1874 - 1875 John Molesworth
1894 E. Thomas

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.