title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS PALMER LANE

In the 1841 census William Watts is 40, a ribbon weaver in Palmer Lane. In 1851 he is 52, a licensed victualler in harnall Terrace. By 1861 he is 63 and a licensed victualler in Harnall Lane and by 1871 he is 73, with no occupation, a widower and living with his son, John Watts, 49, a licensed victualler in Stoney Stanton Road.

The nineteenth century Watts in the website are;

1879 Mrs Jane Watts at the Anchorsmith, Gosford Street
1886 S. Eatts at the Barley Mow, leicester Street
1874 Mary Jane Watts at the parkgate
1850 - 61 William Watts at the Rose and Woodbine, Stoney Stanton Road
1868 - 81 John Watts also at the Rose and Woodbinee
1841 William Watts at the Sword and Mace, Earl Street

Known Licensees are; 1841 William Watts

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.