Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.
98 KING WILLIAM STREET
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY
In 1841 this was the BEERHOUSE, 98 King William Street. In the 1841 census Edmund Rose, 35, is a ribbon weaver in King William Street. By 1851 he is 43 and a victualler in King William Street. In 1861 he is 53 and a victualler at the Primrose Hill Tavern and in 1871 there is no matching record. The Primrose Hill tavern had a public house license from 1850