title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS 29 KING WILLIAM STREET

In the 1871 census Henry Brocklebank, 37, is a watchmaker in King William Street.

There are no other references to Brocklebanks or Caldicotts in the website. Reading is a more common name; William Reading was at the Beerhouse, Much Park Street or Whitefriars Lane, which became the White Friar Inn, from 1835 to 1868; whilst Richard Reading is at the Salutation in 1900.

Known Licensees are;
1874 - 1875 Henry Brocklebank
1879 - 1886 Joseph Caldicott
1894 T. Reading

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.