title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS COW LANE
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES WHITEFRIARS LANE
THIS BECAME OLD CROWN
The OLD CROWN had a public house license from 1822 to 1850, but may have been a beerhouse for a short while. In the 1841 census there are three Gilberts living on Cow Lane, all female. 1 Catherine Gilbert, 70, independent, who lived with 2 Catherine Gilbert, 30, a winder 3 Esther Gilbert, 15, who lived in the house of Robert Campion, 25, a publican maltster
Known Licensees are; 1835 William Gilbert

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.