title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Beerhouse

ADDRESS BELL GREEN
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESS 12 OLD CHURCH ROAD
THIS BECAME THE BELL
In 1841 John Flavell was a miller in Bell Green. In 1851 he had become an innkeeper, the inn being the Bell. However, by 1871 he had retired and Joseph Henry Flavell, probably John's son, was a grocer and baker at the Grocers Shop, Bell Green. This shop was a beerhouse in the early years of the twentieth century.
Known Licensees are;
1851 - 1868 John Flavell
map

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.