title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

Bunters

photo
NAME BUNTERS
ADDRESS WALSGRAVE ROAD
THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY

FROM TO KNOWN AS
1933 1980 WYKEN PIPPIN
1980 1983 BARNABYS
1983 1986 BUNTER'S
1986 2010 WYKEN PIPPIN
2010 Present COVENTRY OAK
This was a name given to the Wyken Pippin. It was the name of a national restaurant chain derived from the fictional character, Billy Bunter. The name changed from Barnaby's to Bunters on 31st March 1983 and it closed on 19th April 1990, to reopen as the WYKEN PIPPIN.
photo

As the Coventry Oak

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.