title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Bricklayers Arms

photo

Primrose Hill Street. Photo from the 1940's. The Bricklayers Arms is lower down on the left

NAME BRICKLAYERS ARMS
ADDRESS 40 PRIMROSE HILL STREET
ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES HILLFIELDS, HARNALL
THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1841 BEERHOUSE
1845 1861 BRICKLAYERS ARMS
1868 1996 THE QUEEN
This is a common name just recalling the ocupation of the owner. From 1868 this was THE QUEEN See BEERHOUSE, PRIMROSE HILL STREET, HIRONS
Known Licensees are;
1841 - 1845 Samuel Hirons
1850 - 1861 Joseph Elton

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.