Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.
The Brewer's Arms
THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY
There is mention of the Brewers at the bottom of Cross Cheaping in the Coventry Mercury of 20th August 1792
*There is mention of the BREWER'S ARMS (also referred to as theTWO BREWERS) at the bottom of Cross Cheaping in the Coventry Mercury of 20th August 1792. In 1803 it appears to bhave closed. wether the BREWER'S ARMS became the VOLUNTEER and then the COVENTRY CROSS has not been established.