title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Board

photo

Earl Street and the Council House 1926

NAME BOARD
ADDRESS EARL STREET
THIS PREMISES WAS KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY FROM TO KNOWN AS
1851 BOARD
1853 1858 MARBLE HALL VAULTS
This is a name that the BOARD in Earl Street adopted in 1853. It may have been a familiar name however as we have records of the BOARD again in 1857 and 1858
The Coventry Standard reports that in 1857 the license of this Board was transfered from John Johnson to J. G. Checketts and then in the following year from Elizabeth Checketts to Henry Chatham
Known Licensees are;
to 1857 John Johnson
1857 J. G. Checketts
1858 Elizabeth Checketts
from 1858 Henry Chatham

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.