title artwork
Here is what we think is the only comprehensive record of pubs and beerhouses within the Coventry city boundaries going back as far as available records allow. This is an ongoing project so contributions, corrections or additions to this archive, especially anecdotes, photos and media are most welcome. Feel free to contact us for a pint and a chat anytime.

The Bell

photo

Much Park Street 1912

NAME BELL
ADDRESS MUCH PARK STREET
This pub is mentioned in ' Old Coventry and Lady Godiva ' as follows; ' A little further up the street, and we come to what is called Bell Court, no doubt the remains of a large inn ( The Bell ). it was a very old fashioned building ( now being judiciously restored by Mr Marriott as the Midland Brewery, 1870, and other houses near it. On the other side of the street, nearly opposite Bell Court, stands the gate leading to the Whitefriars.'

This is the only referemce we have to this inn. Is it anything to do with the Bell in Greyfriars Lane ?

Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Credits and Copyrights for photos and images have been given where possible. We apologise for any omissions

HTML5 Powered with CSS3 / Styling, Device Access, Graphics, 3D & Effects, Multimedia, Performance & Integration, and Semantics logo

Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.