|NAME||ADAM AND EVE|
|ADDRESS||29 Eden Street, Paradise|
|ALTERNATIVE ADDRESSES||Paradise Street (See map below); Stoney Stanton Road; Old Yard, Foleshill|
|THIS PREMISES HAS BEEN KNOWN BY DIFFERENT NAMES DURING ITS HISTORY||FROM||TO||KNOWN AS|
|1861||present||ADAM AND EVE|
|From 1845 to 1850, this pub was recorded as Beerhouse, Paradise. However, it was asserted to have been in existence by 1830 by the newspaper article of 1961 shown below. The name must be associated with the street and area name, although Adam and Eve are the arms of the Fruiterers Company. Around 1930 the brewery bought the three cottages adjoining the pub and added them to it. In 1991 it was purchased from Mitchells and Butlers by Charles Wells and extensively renovated.
Coventry Evening Telegraph newspaper article from 20th January 1961
|Known Licensees are;
1861 - 1866 Joseph Haddon
1868 - 1874 Elijah Haddon
1876 - 1880 Joseph Stanley
1888 George Strong
1892 John Flowers
1900 - 1904 Edward Smith
1905 - 1922 Charles Smith
1924 - 1929 T. Richardson
1935 - 1936 Elizabeth Knight
1937 - 1940 F. Russell
1950 - 1961 William Eley (see above)
Website Content © 2015 Real Ale Rambles. All rights reserved.
Website Design © 2015 Go Graphix.